We went to Bogyoke Aung San Market(just google tourist market Yangon) to shop and buy some souvenirs, didn't take any pictures though. To be honest throughout my entire Myanmar trip, we met less than 5 tourists. Quite a bit of things at the Market, mainly jewelry & postcards to bring back. I bought a ruby ring for my mummy, a necklace & earring for myself, some postcards and a (fake)jade Buddha statue.
As pampered Singaporeans, we went to Fuji Jap Restaurant on our last day in Yangon for lunch :P
Few things to take note before your trip to Myanmar
1) Get your visa done- We were unlucky that the online portal was spoiled that time, so we went down to the embassy direct
2) Accommodation is not exactly cheap- Book a month or two in advance
3) Internal flights are really expensive- Take a bus/ railway
4) Mini-marts/ supermarkets are really RARE(almost none)- Bring all your necessities along with you
5) No shorts/ sleeveless in almost all the tourist spots.
6) You have to go barefooted in almost all the tourist spots- It gets a little dirty, painful and hot at times. Bring wet tissues and be really careful walking
7) Not many tourists around & not many maps available inside- Do your research really well.
8) Burmese Kyat can only be changed in Myanmar( SGD/ USD is fine). USD can be used in some places but they are REALLY anal about slightly crumpled/dirty currency.
More on Myanmar in my next post on Mandalay- which we spent the bulk of our time for our trip